segunda-feira, 21 de maio de 2007

Past Perfect (Simple)

I went to the meeting last week. Paul went to the meeting too but we did not see each other. Paul went home at 10 and I arrived at 10.30 o'clock. Then: When I arrived at the meeting, Paul was not there. He had gone home.

Had gone é o past perfect simple
Estrutura: had + past participle(gone, seen, worked...). Clique aqui para lista de verbos irregulares.
As vezes falamos de fatos que ocorreram no passado:
  • I arrived at the meeting.

Este é o ponto inicial da estória, assim se quisermos falar sobre algo que aconteceu antes desse tempo, usamos o past perfect:

  • When I arrived at the meeting, Paulo had already gone home.

Had done(past perfect) é o passado do have done(present perfect). Compare abaixo:

Present perfect:

  • Who is the girl? I have never seen her before
  • We are not hungry. We have just had lunch.

Past perfect:

  • I did not know who she was. I had never seen her before.
  • We were not hungry. We had just had lunch.

That's all for now folks. See you...

Seja o primeiro a comentar

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO  

BlogBlogs.Com.Br