- Classes start at 8.00 please be on time.
- The show was very organised it began and finished on time.
O oposto de on time is late : Do not be late. Be on time
Significa chegar/estar a algum lugar em tempo, dentro do tempo programado:
- Please be home in time for lunch.
- I gotta go now. I want to get home in time to see the football match on television.
O oposto de in time é too late : I got home too late to see the football match.
- on the dot, sharply : pontualmente
- just in time : em cima da hora